Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

-Grandma Checketts-

Monday April 4, 2011 I found out that my cute great-grandma was not doing so well and they had given her one to two weeks left. I planned to go see her on Friday (my day off) but got a feeling that I better go as soon as I could. So I took Madi and we went to visit her for our last time on Wednesday. The entire ride there I coached Madi so she would know what to expect, that grandma was not going to be like she normally was, that she would just be "sleeping". I am so grateful that I went to visit her after a long day at work instead of waiting until my day off because Friday afternoon I received the phone call that she had passed. We spent a lot of time over the weekend at my grandparents house to plan the funeral, look through her scrapbooks and pictures and to just spend time together as a family. The viewing was held Tuesday, April 12 and the funeral Wednesday. I got the opportunity to decorate the viewing with pictures of my grandma and some of her cute little nick nacks. Me and my mom made the video that played, I loved looking through all of her stuff, especially from her childhood. Everything went great, the talks were wonderful and the service was a wonderful celebration of her life. I am so happy to have the gospel in my life and know that my grandma is with family and friends that have passed on before her. There were so many people on the other side of the family that are not members and were just devastated. All of us cousins were having a good time, we were laughing and having fun knowing that we will see our grandma again someday. That was proof to me how the gospel helps comfort you. I am grateful for my family and how we pull together when we have hard times, unlike so many other families that fall to pieces and start fighting. I have the best examples in my Grandma and Grandpa Edwards, they are the cutest people I know and would do absolutely anything for any one of us, because they love us. I will always remember my great-grandma as a sweet, kind, caring person who always knew what I was up to, always asked how dance was going, and always wanted to be a part of my life. Every time you went to her house she made sure you had something to eat, drink, and that you left with a treat. She was an example to us all and will be greatly missed!

2 comments:

  1. I love this Amanda- the gospel IS amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear this Manda. We are truly lucky to know what we know, so when things like this happen we are able to press forward and look forward to be re-united with our loved ones again. Thanks for sharing your testimony! I love ya!

    ReplyDelete